“Islam holds a place in our Western societies. Islam belongs in Europe. It holds a place in Europe’s history, in our culture, in our food and – what matters most – in Europe’s present and future. Like it or not, this is the reality." said Federica Mogherini, the High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy aka the head of European diplomacy.
Listen to her speech
from the Brussels conference entitled Call to Europe V: Islam in Europe, which was held under the auspices of the European Parliament.
Mogherini continued to say: “For this reason I am not afraid to say that political Islam should be part of the picture. Religion plays a role in politics – not always for good, not always for bad. Religion can be part of the process. What makes the difference is whether the process is democratic or not. That is what matters to us, the key point.”
This statement is particularly restrictive for all democratically-minded citizens of the EU. One of the pillars of European democracy happens to be secularism – the principle according to which religion should play no role whatsoever in politics and instead should remain a private matter of each individual. Secularism is a privilege for which generations of Europeans fought, and managed to get rid of the political power of the Church in Europe. The Islamic doctrine teaches that promoting religious demands by political means is not only legitimate but also desirable.
All speech here: http://eeas.europa.eu/statements-eeas/docs/150624islamfepsdeliv.pdf.
Center for the Study of Political Islam
- Sex with European women as a reward for Muslim men in Jihad (November 26, 2018)
- Political Islam and Migration (November 23, 2018)
- Global Compact for Migration – Global Impact on Western Civilisation (November 10, 2018)
- Homosexuality in Islam (October 10, 2018)
- Political Islam and Jihad (September 10, 2018)
- Political Islam vs. Christians and Jews (July 30, 2018)
- Islam and Dogs (July 22, 2018)
- Political Islam and Women (June 14, 2018)
- Political Islam and Islamism (April 30, 2017)
- Open Letter in Response to the Proposed Introduction of the Hijab Emoji (November 07, 2016)
- Islam in Russia (October 24, 2016)
- Amsar and No-Go Zones (June 23, 2016)
- Statement of the Center for the Study of Political Islam Regarding Orlando Nightclub Shooting (June 22, 2016)
- Statement of the Center for the Study of Political Islam Related to France Jihad Attack (June 17, 2016)
- Statement of the Center for the Study of Political Islam Related to Brussels Attacks (March 29, 2016)
- Islam and Cologne Sex Assaults on New Year's Eve (February 20, 2016)
- Osama bin Laden, the Most Famous Terrorist (December 25, 2015)
- Terrorism, or Jihad? (November 26, 2015)
- Political Islam: A New Point of View (November 17, 2015)
- Statement of the Center for the Study of Political Islam Regarding Attacks in Paris (November 15, 2015)
- Immigration in Islamic Doctrine and History (October 05, 2015)
- Sharia Law in Europe (September 25, 2015)